Saturday, September 26, 2009

things i learned today

Excelsior Springs, MO was where i woke up today and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. i don't care if that adjective takes away any manliness because awesome transcends masculinity. Here's a few things i learned today:

1. Fishing



Fish will eat Cheezit crackers, but the real problems is hooking them - the cheezits, that is. after toiling away with no real success, i dug up some worms and caught a few blue gill the old fashioned way.

2. Snakes Are Sneaky Little Creatures


click picture to enlarge

See if you can spot the copperhead snake in this picture. I'll give you a hint: his little copper head is sticking out of the copper water and the rest of his copper body is hidden. Let's just say i didn't do any fishing on this side of the pond.


3. iPhones can do ANYTHING



The guitar tech on this tour who we affectionately refer to as Tinkle Tee is awesome. Part of his awesomeness is due to the fact that he has rigged up an iPhone strobe tuner in addition to the normal tuner. plus the fact that i didn't have to tell him that i lost a cable for him to notice and have one ready for me when he brought me the acoustic guitar during the FM Static set.


and lastly,

4. The crowd here in Excelsior Springs was amazing




It's been a while since i posted a crowd shot. has anybody who reads this ever found themselves? should i keep posting these?

Ok, i've gotta go because there's an Arbys beef and cheddar with my arteries' name on it and the old acid reflux has been begging to come out and play. Later!

2 comments:

hope said...

I love your sense of humor! I hope your Arby's was good.

nickbaumhardt said...

thanks!

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt