Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lifelight Fest


Ok, so before i get into to the meat of this post, let me say something about a more pressing matter. there's a law and order marathon on USA today and i'm loving it. that show has a winning formula that has been working for years. except now the people on USA bought the rights to the show and have made a crappy version called Law and Order: Criminal Intent. i hate it. if the real show were an armani suit then this show would be a cheap handbag knockoff. and here's why: law and order had realistic characters and realistic situations that presented moral dilemmas with both sides represented. in criminal intent, the detectives are these all-knowing hero characters who can do no wrong. puh-lease. as soon as you make a character perfect, it immediately ceases to be realistic. i want a show to make me think. not an ego-centric cop drama. although on the other hand, SVU has ice T so that's one strike against its legitimacy.

Anyway, i just got back a few hours ago from our show in Sioux Falls, SD at LifeLight festival. The show was great. we had an 11 o'clock spot and the stage was packed out as people piled in from the main stage. TSA somehow managed to break open my tuner pedal causing it to not work. thanks guys. there's another $90 down the drain. we got a late start because of a few technical issues and we had to stop a song cause a kid got hurt, but other than that it was a lot of fun. here's a picture i took from the stage. see you if you can find yourself:



Also, if by chance anyone booking festivals happens to read this, how about booking TFK and superchick on the same day?!? it seems me and trish are always playing the same festival but a day apart.

Oh, and check this out. these guys are friggin' committed fans.



yes, those are the TFK logos tattooed on their arms.

Anyway, we had a great time. the people providing catering for the souled out stage were awesome. we definitely appreciate their ministry.

So the end of this weekend means that we have only one more weekend of fly dates until the tour starts next week. we've been flying almost every weekend since february and i am ready to get on a bus. i am so thankful that we're able to be on a bus on tour. we are definitely blessed. anyway, remember to buy the new record on tuesday. i hope everyone had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I see a friend of mine in the picture... but I can't find myself! (insert pun to relate to "wish you well)

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt