Monday, September 28, 2009

monday

my life is backwards sometimes. today is (was - depending on when you are reading this) monday and that means the weekend starts today. we've got a few days off and i'm excited to see my wife. trish, if you are reading this, you can't say i never blog about you - haha.

on the agenda - mowing my grass that's extremely tall. the homeowners association here sends me letters every now and then and it seems their grip is slowly tightening. but oh well. i usually keep the grass cut so i can deal with it. just be warned if you're thinking about buying a home in a subdivision with an HOA. read your release forms, kids.

but check this out:



i find this HILARIOUS. it may be kinda hard to tell, but this is the house across the street. it's hard to grasp the scale, so i'll describe. those are lifesize blow up lawn decorations for halloween. well, when i say life size, i mean that stage coach with the grim reaper in it. i don't really have a size reference for ghosts jumping out of a giant pumpkin but i'd say that ten feet tall is tall enough to consider life size. for thanksgiving they have a giant inflatable turkey. for christmas it's a giant snow man and giant santa claus with reindeer. some of the people on our street get angry over it, but i think it's amazing. what baffles me is that i get an angry letter because i let a band park their a small trailer in our driveway for a week and somehow they get away with this. it's actually impressive. they must have done their homework and found a loophole in the HOA agreement. kudos to them.



trish and i saw the informant tonight. matt damon was awesome. it has a very dry humor about a character that's so strange it could only have been a true story. and it was - growing up in springfield, IL i knew a lot about the ADM plant in decatur...well, not a lot. i just knew that the city of Decatur smells. no really, it SMELLS. anyway, the movie is a true story about this guy who turns informant on the company back in the 90s. if i were to rate it on a scale from 1 to 10 i'd give it a 7. pretty good movie. maybe not amazing, but definitely entertaining. trish thought it was boring so take my review with a grain of salt.

also, on the agenda, mixing the rest of the Alcina project (www.myspace.com/alcinatn) as well as mixing for LA band Act As If (www.myspace.com/actasif). i didn't produce the latter band, but i'm really into this band. kind of a Barcelona vibe. oh, and also, i promise to do a guitar rig blog next weekend. talk to you all later.

Nick

No comments:

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt