Friday, April 2, 2010

Things I Learned This Week

1. don't expect worship band practice to get out early when you're planning to catch a concert right afterwards. it's like you're just taunting God to make practice go until midnight.

2. if you're playing in church in nashville and you happen to be playing with ridiculously awesome players (which i am definitely not a ridiculously awesome player), of course that's the night when they throw some crazy charts in front of you with plenty of flat 5ths and 7ths and a few chords that don't belong in the song and then proceed to ask you to play it in D flat all the while coming up with something interesting other than block chords. the other guys handle it with ease. for me, it's utter guitar FAIL.

3. dog vomit does not clean up very easily. don't ask.

4. the fact that netflix streaming service works on a Wii will give me a valid excuse to finally get one. side note - once i get a Wii, expect my blog posts to be fewer and my life to become about half as productive as it is now.

5. apparently health care is a right. sorry doctors and taxpayers. you owe it to people. it's their right. i like this game. can we make owning a Wii an inalienable right too?

6. humankind thrift shop in east nashville has got some good stuff. i finally got a chance to czech it out and get a couple shirts.

7. my little sister has no shortage of guys fawning over her at any given minute

8. being away from my wife sucks hard

9. Three months after the unveiling people are still coming up with fresh iPad jokes


****SPOILER ALERT****

10. Desmond is on the submarine with Whitman

****END SPOILER****

11. Nathan T. spends his days thinking of LOST theories while he's supposed to be working.

12. Modern Family is the best show on TV right now. well, i guess i didn't learn that this week. it was just reinforced.

13. Found out that if God tells you to do something, do it. i won't give out details, but about a month ago God laid it on my heart to do something and it totally came back to me ten fold.

14. Nashville in the spring is awesome

15. fish start biting around April 4th according to the old man fishing at centennial park

16. i was actually genuinely excited the other day when, after leaving my dogs at home for most of the day, that Milla had pooped on the hard wood floor right by the door instead of on the carpet.

17. Lady GaGa used to go by the name Radio GaGa but changed it when she left her boyfriend/producer to do her own thing and is now being sued for $30 million

18. Mercy Me is succeeding where Pearl Jam failed in combating ticketmaster with their $10 ticket shows selling out all over the place. well done.

19. Apple did NOT buy EMI. just an april fools joke. i was heartbroken.

20. this blog is getting to be too long. see ya.

No comments:

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt