Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tulsa Time

today we played a fun show in Tulsa, OK at another Acquire The Fire event. we got about 4 hours of sleep before our 7:00am sound check. this ATF was different because it wasn't us playing in some big arena with more reverb that yelling into a mile long tunnel. it was different because we were playing in an arena that didn't sound like an arena. i'm not sure what the heck they did at Oral Roberts University when they built that place, but it's probably the best sounding arena i've played in.

judging from the architecture of the university and a quick google search, most of the buildings seem to have been built in the 60's or 70's. and historically, that was typically long before architects gave a second thought to acoustics when designing arenas. so whether it was an architect ahead of his time, or some sort of acoustic treatment retrofit, well done ORU.

but on the other hand, there's this:



here's a piece of advice to anyone from ORU who might read this:
whenever you're designing any sort of sign or literature touting your high-class academics, make sure you spell all your words right.

ok, that's all for now. i need to go upload this to failblog.org

1 comment:

Tricia Baumhardt said...

haha, I saw the pic before I read your comment, and I was thinking..What moron mispelled the name on a freaking door?? =)

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt