Wednesday, April 14, 2010

everything sucks

remember the band Reel Big Fish?? their first record was so ridiculously awesome. that song "everything sucks" was a summer soundtrack song back in high school. wow. i'm dating myself now. anyway, i've had conversations with a bunch of friends in different cities around the country and i've noticed something. the past couple of month have really really sucked for EVERYBODY. seriously. me and trish had a few setbacks. family getting sick, finances, me losing the TFK gig. it's felt like one thing after another. but after about the 8th conversation with a friend who's going through a hard time, i've found it crazy that the past 4 - 6 months have seriously sucked for so many people for 10 million different reasons.

now i'm not trying to be mr. negative. on the contrary, this actually makes me feel better. i don't know if it's the fact that the economy is down and it has a domino effect on EVERYTHING or maybe it's just a huge coincidence. it just feels better to know i'm not the only one. i guess misery really does love company.

i'm just curious. i'm guessing that a lot of people who read this have had a not so good couple of months. if i'm right, maybe you can take solace in knowing that you're not alone.

now on the bright side, i've had an awesome week. i've started pre production with a few different bands. i've been on the road travelling to meet up with them and also spending a few days with tricia's parents on their farm. speaking of reel big fish, i could spend all day catching bass and blue gill at their pond. i also ran into a cottonmouth snake, also called a water moccasin. tricia's dad gave me a shotgun and i promptly blew it's head off. don't believe me? check out this picture.



scientists have figured out that sunlight is one of our primary sources of vitamin D which directly affects our moods, but i'd like to think that there's something magical and awesome about spring and putting on shorts and a t shirt and getting your first sunburn of the season. the pain almost feels good. my loving wife felt generous and started giving me a backrub and was definitely puzzled when i started yelling.

spring is here. the rest of the year is gonna be awesome. i'm excited about the bands and artists i'm working with. david molnar and i have decided to go to some waterfalls in tennessee this summer and to go cliff jumping a lot more often. if life sucks for you now, i'm guessing that if it's getting better for me, it will for you too.

p.s. everyone wish stephanie a happy birthday!

No comments:

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt