Sunday, November 8, 2009

Kallispel, MT

first off, a point must be made that the new Michael Jackson movie is AWESOME. clay allen hates it but he doesn't like anything that doesn't have EMG's or James Hetfield in it. (haha sorry clay). seriously, it sucks that Michael died, but if he would have lived this movie wouldn't have been nearly as good. the fact that they had a multiple-camera crew filming at all times means that they had planned to do a tour video anyway - probably in conjunction with a live DVD or something. what's cool is that you really get to see a lot of behind the scenes stuff. you get to see michael being a bit of a diva and small conflicts between him and the crew that probably wouldn't have made the cut if he were alive to give his ok to the footage. it's also incredibly interesting to see how such a large production is pulled off. we usually only see the phenomenal finished product. it's hard to conceptualize how each element of the show - band, lights, dancers, pyro, etc. - are all small elements of the bigger picture. each thing by itself seems fathomable. but it's the compilation of every facet that contributes to the awe and spectacle that is a big arena show. and i think the lesson to be learned is that ANYTHING can be done if you break it down into attainable steps.

tonight we played in Kallispel, Montana. First of all, driving in this morning was amazing. as remote as this place is, the view seems worth it. how fitting that after dreaming about catching huge fish do i wake up to a gorgeous river just begging me to go fly fishing. A lot of people came out to the show and it turned out pretty cool. here's a shot of the crowd from when we played the FM Static set.



As you can see, it was held in a dirt floor rodeo arena which was cool, except that there was dust kicked up everywhere and my allergies didn't really like that. the people were awesome though. in the signing line we met a guy who identified himself as "Heavy" who is a former WWE wrestler who now runs a high school assembly ministry where he does feats of strength and spreads the word to kids. he seemed like a great guy so i thought i'd give him a plug. go check out his website at http://www.WalkingWithPower.org. Here a shot of him hanging out with us.



ya. that's what a 22" neck looks like.

So anyway, we've got two shows left on the tour. it's gone by so fast, but i gotta be honest. i'm anxious to get home. i'll be out on the road with tricia for the last week of her tour so if you're near one of the superchick atlanta and florida shows, come out and say hi.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang I wish I coulda came last night!! But just the fact you were in the same state as me is fine!! :)

~Kinsey

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed being in the NW part of MT! Most of western MT is beautiful. I wish I could have been there, but maybe next time y'all come around I'll get to go! BTW, where did you have lunch? Anywhere local-ish? (Was that a word?) Anyway, hope to see you guys sometime, somewhere. Y'all's music has really touched my life! God bless!

-Hope

nickbaumhardt said...

we had lunch provided for us at the venue. i think some of the people went to five guys and fries. and i was extremely jealous of them.

hope said...

Haha! You seriously should have gone w/ them; 5 guys is "off the chain" good! I love that place anywhere, anytime!

Cassidy said...

I drove all the way from Spokane, WA to meet you guys! SO WORTH IT. You did amazing! Both shows, you guys rocked it. & It was nice to meet you before & after the show, you guys were super nice. I have a picture with you before & after the show. The after one, your on the phone haha. It's pretty fantastic.

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt