Sunday, November 22, 2009

just another sunday

oh phoenix arizona. we played there yesterday for like the 87th time in the last couple months. ok, maybe not 87th but it felt like a lot. i was pissed at clay because instead of booking us direct on southwest he booked us on delta and we had to take a 530am flight through atlanta. i gave him crap about it all weekend. but honestly, i'm closer to getting my northwest/delta status so i'm sure when i'm getting bumped up to first class clay will be my best friend again.



trevor, tom and i were sitting in a bulkhead seat (which means the front row - no seats in front of us)...the guy on the other side of the aisle had his bag at his feet. some lady comes up to him and is like "you'd better put that up...they're not gonna let you leave that there". we all saw that and were like, "thanks mom." it's like when people go crazy overboard about the microwave paper towel rule. i swear every time i microwave something without a paper towel i hear somebody chiming in with their "oh man, you'd better put a paper towel on that." and ya know what? sometimes i'd like to slap them because 1. it's my freaking microwave so i'll do whatever i want, 2. i didn't ask for your opinion, and 3. i'm making popcorn so i'm pretty sure i don't need a paper towel.



i went to sleep on the flight for a while. i mean, with all the early morning flights thanks to clay, a guy's gotta sleep somewhere (hahhaa sorry clay i'm just giving you crap). i woke up and reset my reclined seat and apparently the girl behind me had coffee on the tray and it spilled all over her. she starts spurting obscenities and i'm so groggy from having just woken up that i don't realize what's going on until i see her get up and go to the bathroom to change pants. so whoever you are in the villanova soccer team sweatshirt, sorry i spilled your coffee.

tonight trish and i went to trev's house to watch the AMA awards. it was cool to see carrie there and her bass player who we hang out with sometimes. also of note was tooth and nail president brandon ebel getting some camera time right next to puff daddy. we're totally gonna mess with him about it the next time we see him. so here's the whole thing in a nutshell. janet put on some weight and dances behind the beat. jay z was awesome. shakira was awesome. rihanna was awesome. whitney houston needs to be careful how intimate she gets with her award and what the heck does perez hilton have to do with music? adam lambert tried to do some sort of crazy gay sexual inuendo with simulated gay oral sex that instead of having the desired effect of shocking everyone, i think people just saw it as lame and reaching. i mean, when madonna tried that sort of thing at least she had some good songs to back it up. speaking of madonna i hardly knew any of her songs until a few years ago because my mom would instantly change the radio station if a madonna song came on. the same with elton john. i seriously missed out on elton john for so many years. i know my mom was trying to shelter me, but it's not like Tiny Dancer is recruiting me to be gay.....or wait...maybe it is. hahaha just kidding. but seriously i missed out on some seriously good music. but to be fair, my mom was really level headed about stuff and ended up lifting the ban on owning non-christian music.



so kids, the moral of the story is mind your own business on airplanes, don't book my flights before 9am, and don't immediately ban a whole artist's catalog just because you disagree with a lifestyle choice. it's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice play jerk!! Where's the fire buddy!

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt