Sunday, October 3, 2010

stopit

This has always annoyed me.



some of you see this picture and don't need to read any further. you know exactly what i'm talking about. but for those of you who don't, i'll explain.

no, it's not the oversized floppy hats. it's not the goofy smile on the girl with dark hair and yellow dress. it's the awkward half-stooping pose that girls universally feel the need to do every time they're in a group picture.

did the photographer catch them right in the middle of sitting down? are they standing on top of a vent and are merely preventing their skirts from blowing upwards? do they need to use the bathroom?

so let me get this straight....you're hunched over, hands in your crotch, knees together and butt sticking out. for those of you familiar with the rocky horror picture show, it sounds strangely familiar to the time warp dance - but with one exception. the time warp was designed to be clumsy and awkward for the purpose of a movie. but the girl-group-photo-pose is somehow the status quo. every girl does it at one time or another. do they give lessons on how to look terrible in group photos during girls P.E. or something?



i know, i know. you're just trying to fit into the picture frame. well try this. when you take a group photo, stand there like normal and just make the person taking the picture take a step back. you can thank me 20 years from now when you're searching through old pictures and you don't look ridiculous. your welcome.

3 comments:

davidmolnarBLOG.com said...

I was just commenting about that last night!!!!! i hate it when girls do that. i always ask why, silently and then i ask people (and by people i mean girls) to stand up straight... "um... could you stand up straight and not look like the hunchback 'dames' " pun intended.

hope said...

Exactly, Nick!! I hate it when I see other girls posing like that. They look ridiculous.

Sarah said...

i´m familiar to this.. i also hate when girls do this (even if i´m also one) haha

when i was in school and they wanted to make a photo, because it was the end of the year, all the girls stood there like this.... except me. ha. ;D

and it really looks ridiculous...

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt