Saturday, September 18, 2010

we are all weiners

sometimes destiny has your name on it. sometimes the skies open up and God looks down on you favorably for a moment in time. and sometimes you show up early to a KC Royals game to watch batting practice and you get asked to be in the hot dog race at the end of the 5th inning.

that is exactly what happened to me, @adamagee and @jordanmesser yesterday. i'll back up. here's a handy bullet point list of what happened:

* day off in Kansas City
* Burro manages to get us free tickets to the KC game
* we show up early to watch batting practice
* nameless, faceless Royals employee sees us and thinks to himself, "wow, these guys would look great in weiner suits"
* he approaches, makes his request. we accept. history is set in motion.

It was an epic race. while suiting up we were all making outrageous claims of who would lose and how. Adam was mustard, i was ketchup and jordan was relish. when the time came we got our two seconds on camera on the jumbo tron. i was talking trash. adam smiled politely. jordan mouthed "RELISH BE JEALOUS."

and then we were off. adam is good at everything he does so of course he won. me, being slightly overweight and out of shape came in last. but it doesn't matter. all that matters was that i made a fool of myself in a weiner suit on the largest HD jumbotron in the world.

how did you spend your friday night?

(video posted below)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg hahaha!
you should have done this in Holland!

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

Congrats Adam! ;)


-Martine

Anonymous said...

omg this was so funny, I couldn't wait to see videos and pictures....thanks for posting! Glad you guys had fun ;] God Bless

Ashley Strawser said...

Wow, this seriously made me laugh! Really hard! :D Thanks for posting! :)

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt