Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spies Like Us

ok check this out. some times real life events echo fiction. i love reading those mystery and suspense novels that you buy at airport bookstores. i especially love stuff about spies. so it gets me excited to see news stories of real life spy stuff. a couple years ago a russian defector to the UK was poisoned with some sort of radioactive substance and they still haven't figured out who did it even though it's kinda obvious that it was some sort of KGB operative.

recently the leader of the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas was killed. it was meant to look like an accident, but a close examination of the evidence starts to show otherwise. here's an article about how the autopsy has shown that he was injected with a muscle relaxant and then suffocated. the story also shows this picture:



these 26 people used fake passports to get into the country and fled after the murder. dude, these are real freaking spies! i mean, in reality, most of them are probably computer analysts more like chloe than jack bauer, but i'm betting that at least one of them is some sort of jason bourne type of martial arts master assassin. we don't know for a fact that these people are guilty, but there's a high probability. so the real question is, which one do you think actually did the deed?? my first instinct is that it was actually one of the girls who seduced the Hamas leader and then inserted a needle. i mean, a few of them are kinda pretty - and these are passport photos so you know they're probably hot in real life. but that would be too hollywood. maybe the not-so-happy gottee guy with the glasses. but that seems too obvious too. i'm curious what you all think???

and speaking of autopsy's and CSI type stuff, check out this video of tricia's uncle barry who entered a contest for Horatio look-a-likes on CSI Miami.

[[ there was a video here but it has been taken down by either google or CBS]]


if you wanna go vote for him, here's the link:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_miami/upload/video.php?vid=4406

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick, that post was sweet! Interesting... but hey, I was wondering, are you still the live guitarist for tfk? I saw tfk in Des Moines 2 days ago, and I was like "WHAT!?" so yeah. Are you still the guitarist?

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt