Monday, August 9, 2010

Stellar Changes

all right everybody, here's the deal. i've got good news and bad news. what do you want to hear first?

save your breath. this is a blog. i can't hear you. or maybe i'll pull a little stage trick and act like i can hear someone in the crowd shouting what i secretly want to be first.....what's that? one more time, please?? you want the bad news first? well, all righty then...

I've decided to not play for Stephanie Smith anymore. :(

Stephanie is incredibly talented and was a lot of fun to play for. She treats her band very well, she's down to earth and she has great message. I've only played for her since January, but me, Steph, @nathantbass and @stephenkadaradar have had some fun times. She's working on her next record now and i think it's going to be great. Be sure to follow her on twitter at @stephanaynay. I'm definitely going to missing playing with them.

And now for the good news!

The reason I'm leaving Steph is because God has opened a door to start playing guitar for Stellar Kart. Yup....these guys:



except, see the third guy from the left with the black vest? right now i want you to open up photoshop in your head and past my head over his. except make sure my head is way out of proportion with the body. that way it's kinda funny looking. and maybe give me some muscles. anyway, he is @jonY2K and i've known him for a few years now back when he used to be in a band called Dizmas.

Anyway, this last weekend i played my first show with @AdamAgee, @JordanMesser and @BrianCalcara and i seriously had probably the most fun i've had in a long time on stage. It was a fun road trip. I kinda already knew the guys from seeing each other at festivals, but now that i'm starting to get to know them for real i'm pretty excited. we all like a lot of the same bands, we all enjoy late night fast food and we all like to have fun - and if sometimes having fun means listening to boys II men on the bus, then so be it.

Anyway, we play in Maryland next week and in two weeks we'll be at Flevo Festival near Amsterdam. Come out to the shows and come say hi. if you come to the signing line and tell me you read my blog, i'll give you a free.....wellll....hmmm...i'd like to give some sort of prize but i don't have any prizes to give out so how about mad respect and a high five??

Ok, so that's the big news. i guess i could have just summed it up and said i'm leaving stephanie smith to play for stellar kart, but then it wouldn't have as much fun, right?

11 comments:

vegas said...

very happy for you brother. very.

Henriƫt said...

I see you in the Netherlands on Flevo!

Jordan said...

Let me give you a ridiculously huge "WELCOME TO THE BAND!!" *cue confetti and trumpets and whatnot*...oh, I'll introduce myself: I'm one of the craziest Stellar Kart fans out there and I'm happy to see you've joined the band! I've actually followed you on Twitter for a while, so I was glad to see the new guitarist was someone I recognized! I most definitely hope I can see Stellar Kart live soon and see you play. Rock on, enjoy the band life, and stick around for a good while! :-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the band! Stellar Kart is my all time favorite and now you're part of that...so welcome =] A few weeks ago I saw one of your twitter posts because it was associated with stellar kart, and got a feeling that maybe he's going to join up with them as their guitarist...so i started following you on twitter...feeling correct! That's great news, wish you the best of luck. And please, two guitarist changes in two years is hard enough to handle, so stick around for a while haha ;]

Secilee said...

I can't wait for you to join Stellar Kart, it's gonna be awesome!! Welcome to the band Nick! BTW I'm a huge Stellar Kart fan, I have every album except for 1 on my MP3 player. I can't wait to see another SK show and meet you at the show. God Bless and once again Welcome to Stellar Kart!

Lisette Franken said...

Well 2 weeks and some days till the high five then..
Weird,., I already have a picture with 'us'..
with you in tfk,.. and now I'll make one with Stellar Kart.. haha

Katie McNeil said...

That is so awesome, Nick! Great band to join up with! Maybe I'll be seeing you on the road soon.

hope said...

Yay! I am soooo excited! I love Stellar Kart and I love you too, so yeah!

Are you joining the band or are you going to be their touring guitarist? Just curious. :)

nickbaumhardt said...

hey guys/girls! thanks for all the love. i'm pretty pumped. see you out on the road!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Can't wait for the high five at Flevo then ;-)

Martine

Anonymous said...

SUPER excited for you!! :) ilove stellar kart and i think it will be an awesome experience for you! but just out of curiosity why is Jon not with Stellar Kart anymore?
anywho stick with those boys k? :)

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt