Saturday, August 28, 2010

Holland and More

well, i definitely joined up with Stellar Kart at the right time - just in time to go play Flevo Festival in Holland. i played it last year with TFK so some of the people were a little confused.

let me just say that Amsterdam is amazing. you should definitely go sometime in your life. i know i know...everybody thinks of amsterdam as one giant city of debauchery, prostitutes and illicit drug use. ya, that stuff is there. everybody's read about the red light district. but honestly it's really a beautiful city with canals running through the city, old architecture, museums and great shops.

the shows were great. we closed out mainstage on friday night. the production at the festival is always top notch and they treat us very well. here's cool video someone uploaded on youtube:






the next day we also played a show at the beach stage which was honestly probably the most fun i've had playing a show in a very long time. the stage is actually in the water facing the beach. the kids at the first 10 feet of the stage were actually standing in water. when things got crazy, water was splashing all over the place. we were having so much fun we didn't care that it was getting all over our gear. thank god nothing got fried. here's a crowd shot:



also, i had three different people come up to me and ask for a high five because they read my blog. that is so awesome and unreal to think people halfway around the world are interested in my ramblings.

Also, i have some big news. my wife Tricia, who is the singer for Superchick is working on a solo worship record. the first question from everyone's mouth is if she's quitting superchick and the answer is NO. tricia's got a great voice and has always wanted to do a worship project and this seemed like the right time.

another piece of good news is that i'll be producing the project. we're excited to work together. we've been working on a lot of co writing sessions and are pretty pumped about the songs. i'll also be possibly taking on an intern during the recording process. the internship would include helping me beef up the acoustics in my studio, basic pro tools editing and generally helping out. the intern will receive album credit as an assistant engineer and a small weekly stipend to cover gas expenses. recording school is not required, but a good attitude is. pro tools experience is a plus. you must live in the nashville area from october through early december. anyone interested should send a resumé to NickBaumhardtIntern@hotmail.com

i'll definitely be posting more blogs during the recording process. next up will be a mic shootout to find the best vocal chain for tricia's voice. i would say "stay tuned" but that's kinda stupid. so i'll leave you with the funniest thing to hit the internet in the last month.

4 comments:

Anja said...

Good to hear you had such a good time in our beautiful country! =D The SK shows were great and I can't wait to see you again!!!

ohh, and it´s nice to meet you! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes! :)
I got a high-five!

Martine

Lisette Franken said...

YaaY. I was one of the others who got a High Five... =D

and here is a picture I made with you and our mascotte Nebukadnessar..
http://yfrog.com/j211122632966axqdj

Bless!
Lisette

Sarah said...

it´s so cool to hear that your wife is the singer from superchick. i love listening to them. and stellar kart of course :)

i really enjoy reading your blog!
have a blessed day!

nina.

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt