Saturday, May 15, 2010

TCO98

ok class. time for a pop quiz. raise your hand if you started reading my blog because i played for TFK? ok, you can all put your hands down. now how many of you realized i was in another band called The Class of 98 before that? ok, both of you can put your hands down. (thanks mom and dad).

here we are:


it's true. we got a record deal back in 2006 on The Militia Group and were super stoked because that's the same label that our favorite bands were on at the time - Copeland, Acceptance, Lovedrug, The Rocket Summer, etc... We toured on and off for a couple years in a van and sold a few thousand records. we weren't a buzz band climbing the charts, but slowly and surely people were getting into us.

well, after a 3 year hiatus which i will not get into, we're back. last year our singer steve wilson (who is a grammy and dove nominated producer) and i decided to start writing for a new record. this time it's different. it's not about touring the country trying to be the next big thing. it's about writing good songs and putting it out there for people who like it.

so anyway, we've posted a 4 song EP (with more to come) at http://legionofboom.bandcamp.com/album/eye-of-the-needle-ep-2. we've got it set up where you can download it and pay whatever you feel like it's worth. you can even download it for free if you don't have any money. we'd rather the music get into people's hands. anyway, i'd love to hear what you guys think. steve, matt and I have been agonizing over the music for the last couple of months so we've kinda lost all perspective.

that's all for now. tell me what you think. even if you think it sucks, that's ok. just be nice about it. haha

3 comments:

Patrick Copeland said...

Do you remember the day of that TCO98 photo shoot? Good day. And it's still funny to fine people who have that record and think it's crazy that I did the cover shoot. Fun times. Hang soon, ok? Cool.

hope said...

Thanks so much for giving it away (I'm a broke teen... lol.)! I put the EP on my iPod a few hours ago and have listened to it five times already. It is awesome; I totally love it! I'm going to tell my friends about it. Keep the music coming, Nick. :)

-Hope

Unknown said...

Granted yes I first remember meeting you when you were with TFK but that is not why I started reading your blog. I started reading your blog because even though you were with TFK you still remembered people and took the time too get to know them in a way most artists don't. Granted bands meet tons of people on the road and noone should expect to be remembered from some encounter 8 months before in a signing line. You did remember me though. Yes we have seen each other a few times everytime you came to Minnesota to perform but I remember the one show Club 3 Degrees booked that wasn't at the club and I stopped by the table to say hi you actually asked how I was feeling because you remembered I was in the hospital prior to that concert. That is why I started reading your blog. You take the time to get to know people and appreciate your fans and fellow industry people whether they are in a band or are a producer or a backline tech like myself.

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt