Sunday, August 2, 2009

coast to coast


i just got back from a packed weekend. not sure who decided to book a show in new hampshire one day, and california the next, but we had fun- despite the lack of sleep. trev had an emergency appendectomy last week which caused us to have to cancel the creation west show. that sucked pretty bad, not just for trev, but missing what was gonna be a great show. oh well...we almost had to cancel this weekend too but trev was a trooper and pushed through it. trev, if you're reading this, you're a champion. side note - we definitely noticed a huge difference in how people treated us with trev in a wheelchair at the airport. imagine the gruff TSA security people all of the sudden becoming nice in an almost condescending way. "Hey there little buddy! where are you headed today?" kinda makes me sympathetic to people who are in a wheelchair all the time. not just sympathy that they have to be in a wheelchair, but that people talk to them like they're eight years old.

the shows went great. if anybody from the spirit west coast show happens to read this, you may be able to find yourself in this picture.

all the guys in tobymac's band and crew were on our flight home. they're all great dudes which helped to pass the time.

right now trish and i got a red box movie. we kinda took a chance on one we've never heard of with dennis quaid called the horsemen. red box is awesome, but it definitely has some really bad B movies. choose wisely my son. anyway, that's all for now.

wait....before i leave you, this movie just showed dennis quaid's naked butt in the shower so this movie is pretty much a no-go already.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nick, Tell all the guys how much I appreciated the fact that you guys played SoulFest. I know that you guys have had a rough couple of weeks, and I could see Trevor was in pain by the end of the set. Kudos to you all for rocking out just the same, and my prayers for a quick recovery for trevor.

nickbaumhardt said...

thanks! i'll be sure to let them know. thanks for coming out to the show despite all the rain

lucylovesSF said...

hope Trev's doing better! :) i know it's been like a month and somewhat days but heyyyy there's meee in the coast to coast pic! ;D that was awesome. hope to see you guys again soon! :)

nickbaumhardt said...

awesome! ok, that's good to know. i'll keep posting the crowd pics

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt