Wednesday, March 9, 2011

i'm noticing a pattern

would you all like to know what i hate??????

THIS!!!!

for the uninitiated, i will enlighten you.

that, my friends, is Qdoba queso - and i must clarify that i LOVE Qdoba queso more than a fat kid loves, ummm, well, queso. wow i meant that to be a metaphor but it turned out to be depressingly literal and autobiographical. but enough about me getting old and fat. what really melts my cheese is that when i go to Qdoba and get their queso, they NEVER fill it up. seriously, even if i ask them to fill it up, they REFUSE. i mean, what am i paying for? seriously, it's $3.79. this isn't a side of guac. if you bought a can of coke and you opened it and it was only half full, you'd be pissed too, right?

attention corporate entity that owns Qdoba - please fill up the cup of queso or i will refuse to....well, i won't make idle threats that we all know i won't follow through with. but that doesn't change the fact that it makes me mad.

anyway, i had to get that off my chest. this weekend we spent some time in Washington, DC on a day off which happened to be my first time in the Capitol. i mean, i couldn't believe i was in the same city where our forefathers walked; great pillars of society like Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and Nicholas Cage. here's me on the Capitol steps:


wow, it's like i'm 8 years old visiting the Lincoln sites again back in Springfield. And here's the view looking down the national mall towards the Washington monument.


hmmm..is that a....well, nevermind.

and here's a nuclear missile on display at the air and space museum:


i'm noticing a pattern in these pictures. every picture has something in it shaped like a....yup, i think we can definitely say that washington is the most phallic city in the nation. but that's no big revelation. it's common knowledge that Washington is full of dicks.

ZING!!!

thanks. i'll be here all week. try the veal and tip your waitresses.

5 comments:

Stephen P Bohn said...

I have not eaten at Wendy's in almost 5 years due to an incident with a less than full frosty and promises of gift certificates which were never delivered.

Principles, Nick. Principles

Salt Accountability Friend said...

queso is the saltiest thing you could ever eat..........

nickbaumhardt said...

peanut, you couldn't be more right!

and Mr./Ms/ Salt Accountability - you obviously know about my low salt diet. you know how rarely i get to eat salty foods like queso which further drives my point home about how much it ticks me off. having queso is like christmas for me

Wayne said...

hhhhhmmmmmm....interesting post nick P.S. any news on the EP dates

hope said...

"Haha!" at the Nic Cage part! :)

Seriously, why the heck don't they fill the cup up? That always kills me! :/

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt