Thursday, December 17, 2009

studio time

ok so remember when trev and i were on the price is right a month or so ago??? well it finally aired on 12/11/09. you can view the entire episode by clicking HERE

Matt from Tooth and Nail actually got called up and won a new car. it was the most ridiculously awesome experience i've had in a long time. sometimes you just have to experience something even if it's cheesy. for instance, when you go to hollywood, you put your hands in the famous handprints at the chinese theater. when you go to chicago, you eat deep dish pizza, and when your buddy gets called up as a contestant on the price is right, you make a complete idiot of yourself to get as much camera time as possible. and proudly, that's what i did. this episode is for you, America. your welcome.

Back To The Ole Grind



today i'm in the studio with my good friends steve wilson and david, seth and lee marie from Children 18:3 working on their next record. steve is an awesome producer and he asked me to help out a bit. Here's a shot of the trident series 80 desk. we're in the B room at Darkhorse Recording in Franklin, TN which is actually the better sounding drum room than the A room, surprisingly.



Here's steve being unwittingly photographed messing with the flux capacitor. but seriously those are vintech x81's and i covet them with all my heart. ok i don't covet them. i'm just going to have a hard time leaving the studio without them hidden under my coat. oh, and that white piece of gear is the Amek 9098 stereo compressor and we had some good results when we placed the room mics in the adjoining vocal booth and compressed the snot out of them with it.



And here's the actual drum setup. it's actually a hodge podge mix of a few different kits. notice the gretsch resonant kick, accent snare and of course, there's a cowbell in there somewhere. but i think i need to hear more of it...ok, call me captain obvious because that was a really obvious joke.

tomorrow i fly to detroit where TFK will play a show with Thirty Seconds To Mars and a few other bands. i'm kinda pumped about it. i hope you are all doing well and i'll holla atcha later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is gonna be good.

About Me

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos; that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" --Hi Fidelity


Hey guys, my name is Nick Baumhardt. I help write and record music. I also play guitar for Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.

These are my thoughts on music, art, politics, food, recording and whatever else I feel like writing about.

For more info about my producing, go to www.NickBaumhardt.com or myspace.com/nickbaumhardt
Check out my new site dedicated to fly fishing - Rhythm Fly Fishing
Follow me on Twitter!!! My twitter name is @nickbaumhardt